Help build a more climate-informed society. Take this survey!July 3, 2018
Communications AssociateAugust 29, 2018
The Design and Website Specialist will provide program support to the Communications Manager in implementing the Center’s communications and branding program, primarily responsible for producing, managing and executing creative design, artwork, and multimedia materials for use on various channels and for data visualization across its programs and projects, including developing and maintaining the Center’s website.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop design, graphics, layout and visual or audio images for various channels and platforms to communicate climate information that is engaging and visually appealing
- Meet/coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to determine scope of a project
- Gather necessary information and/or materials
- Develop design briefs that suit project purpose and advise on strategies to reach target audiences
- Develop studies and rough layout to visually illustrate concept and obtain approval before execution
- Analyze data and transform it into striking visuals or visual stories with actionable insights for climate-informed decision-making
- Coordinate with internal and external groups to ensure data integrity in the development of data visualization products
- Manage Center website and social media accounts by maintaining cohesive design and keeping content current to increase online presence
- Work with printers, photographers, other designers and third party service providers to deliver tasks and outputs
- Review/revise suggested improvements into final design
- Ensure accurate and high-quality work before printing or publishing
*actual Job Description subject to change upon offer
- At least three (3) years professional experience in design; experience in science communication an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Multimedia Arts, Advertising/Media, Mass Communications, or equivalent
- Advance Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Knowledge of WordPress standards and functionality
- Knowledge of content marketing and social media a plus
- Knowledge in climate change and development an advantage
- Knowledge in latest digital trends
- Team player who can also work independently with minimum supervision
- Deadline-driven and excellent time management
- Fill out our application form, which can be accessed here.
- Deadline for applications is on September 7, 2018.
- Because of the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted no later than September 14, 2018.
- For inquiries, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.