Oscar M. Lopez Legacy AnnouncementApril 23, 2023
Call for submission: Mga Kwento ng Klima Short Films 2023 powered by SamsungApril 27, 2023
Assist in the conduct, coordination and production of research focused on the analysis of past, present and future climate, with additional support in weather disturbance monitoring, and climate-related risks and impacts.
Roles and Responsibilities
Knowledge Production – Research
- Assist in the conduct of research on climate change and its impacts relevant to the Center’s target publics
- Conduct research and literature reviews in understanding the current state of the climate and the science associated with global climate change, and the reasonable application of these to the Philippine context; and
- Perform analysis that will utilize a wide array of tools, such as but not limited to climate modeling, impact assessments, WRF and GIS, Python, Matlab and R, including the monitoring of possible or occurring severe weather conditions.
- Assist in monitoring and preparing reports of weather disturbances for internal clients;
- Work with internal and external groups to conduct research on on-going projects of the Center;
- Update and maintain the Climate Knowledge Portal and assist in developing other knowledge products, their database structure and sources for climate data including GCMs, RCMs and past observations as well as climate change-relevant data; and
- Assist in writing technical papers, journal articles, reports and scientific papers and in developing knowledge products with translated content targeted to specific audiences/publics.
- Assist in monitoring engagements and contracts of relevant fellows, senior experts, and project-based staff; and
- Liaise and coordinate with partner organizations and agencies, and fellows.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Climate Science (including but not limited to atmospheric science, meteorology, climatology, hydrometeorology, oceanography, marine science, physics), Environmental Science, Statistics or other related fields; Master’s Degree is an advantage;
- At least three years of relevant work experience in climate change research;
- Strong background on GIS, statistics, data analytics, and modeling, and knowledgeable on programming languages (specifically Matlab and Python);
- Solid background on project management and coordination, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Output-driven with excellent writing skills and strong time management; and
- Team player and able to work independently (with minimum supervision), and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Fill out our application form, which can be accessed here.
- For inquiries, kindly send an email to [email protected]