Framework for Loss and Damage Assessment Developed for Southeast Asian CountriesMay 7, 2019
The 1st Climate Dialogues Dissect the Roles of Businesses, Policies, and the Youth in Climate ActionMay 19, 2019
The Associate Editor assists the Editorial Team in the seamless production of articles/issues for publication of the Climate, Disaster and Development Journal (CDDJ) and in the continuous improvement of the overall journal operations.
- Provide technical expertise in evaluating the technical and intellectual content and suitability of manuscripts in a timely manner, such as:
- Conduct an initial review of submitted manuscripts based on the CDDJ research areas and review criteria
- Assess the overall quality of the presentation to ensure that the manuscript is well-structured, logic/story is clear, and the ideas are concisely presented
- Recommend acceptance, release or publication of manuscripts for review and/or publication
- Assemble a team of experts to review the screened manuscripts following the CDDJ selection process
- Conduct an initial review and assessment in between sub-stages of the reviews before the manuscript is sent to the author or reviewers
- Review and edit the substance and form of the manuscript to ensure coherence, sound scientific argument, compliance to highest publication standards and adherence to CDDJ formatting rules and guidelines
- Copy-edit the approved manuscript to check spelling and grammatical errors and other style edits as indicated in the guidelines
- Proofread the comprehensive layout of the manuscript before going to publication
- Assist in the timely and efficient production and publications of articles, such as:
- Provide support in tracking manuscript progress during review and revision with respect to target deadlines and guidelines to ensure journal standards for timeliness are met, and for maintaining professional and technical integrity of the review process
- Assist the Editorial Team in corresponding, sending out reminders, and working with authors and reviewers to obtain reviews and revisions as needed and in a timely manner as needed
- Contribute to the ongoing expansion of the reviewer database and monitoring/coordinating the updating of all the CDDJ databases and website
- Contribute to the journal’s aims, scope and policies, and in recruiting members for the editorial board when needed
- Perform all other project-related duties that may be assigned from time to time such as participation in weekly project meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Development Communication, Science Journalism or equivalent;
- With at least two (2) years professional experience or knowledge in technical editing and publication/journal management and operation;
- Formal training on/technical knowledge of climate change, disaster risk reduction and management, and sustainable development, with research experience an advantage;
- Excellent written and editing skills, with good command over English language;
- Deadline-drive and strong time management, organizational and coordination skills;
- Team-player who can also work independently with minimum supervision; and
- Ability to handle and respect the sensitive, private and confidential nature of information related to journal submission and peer review process.
- Fill out our application form, which can be accessed here .
- Deadline for applications is on May 17, 2019.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted no later than May 27, 2019.
- For inquiries, kindly send an email to email@example.com