FORED 2014: Call for Participation
Everyone is invited to participate in the 2ndInternational Conference on Forestry Education and Research for the Asia-Pacific Region (FORED 2014) with the theme, “Forestry Education and Research: Gearing Towards ASEAN 2015.”
This international conference will be held on November 19-22, 2014 at the Umali Auditorium, SEARCA, UP Los Baños, Laguna.
The conference aims to strengthen the contribution of forestry education and research towards sustainable forest management in the context of the changing priorities and needs of the Asia Pacific Region.
Specifically, its objectives are to:
- Assess the state of forestry education and research in the Asia-Pacific Region;
- Identify major issues and challenges confronting the forestry education and research sectors; and
- Initiate the process of charting the future direction of forestry education and research.
Paper and poster presentations on the following topics/themes are encouraged:
- Evolving demands in the forestry profession
- Social science in forestry and governance
- Continuing forestry education
- Emerging regional trends in forestry education and research
- Collaborative forestry education and research
- Forest biodiversity: Implications to ASEAN 2015
- Forests and climate change: Implications to ASEAN 2015
For more information, please visit the conference website: www.fored2014.org or check theirbrochure and event poster.