OML Center releases hazard and vulnerability mapsDecember 9, 2016
OML Center Releases its 2013-2014 Biennial ReportDecember 9, 2016
Applications are invited for the position of Research Assistant for The Oscar M. Lopez Center for Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management Foundation Inc. (The OML Center). Under the supervision of the Researcher, the Research Assistant will provide research assistance in a study on flood vulnerability of smallholder rice farmers.
- Review and synthesize literature, studies and programs related to agriculture and flood vulnerability, among others;
- Utilize and extract various information from satellite and aerial imageries and perform entry and manipulation of spatial data, digitizing, georeferencing and map generation;
- Conduct secondary data gathering, field survey and data validation;
- Liaise with internal and external entities (national and local government agencies/units, universities, etc.);
- Assist in preparing project reports;
- Assist in writing of publications such as journal articles and science-policy briefs; and
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- College graduate with background in geography, environmental science, GIS, remote sensing, agriculture or related fields;
- With working knowledge of or preferably hands-on experience on GIS software and GPS;
- With experience in primary and secondary data gathering and data validation;
- With experience in dealing with local government agencies desirable;
- Good technical writing skills or with experience in writing technical papers;
- Able to work independently (with minimum supervision), work simultaneously on numerous tasks, and meet deadlines; and
- Fit to travel and do field work.
Period of employment is three (3) months but is renewable. Successful applicant should be able to start by 2nd week of April. For interested applicants, please send your updated Résumés and application letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for accepting application is on 26 March 2015. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you have queries, kindly send an email to the address above or contact us at 982-2276 or 755-2332 loc 2276.