CALL FOR REVIEWERS: Climate, Disaster, and Development JournalJuly 3, 2019
Researcher for UPTURN ProjectJuly 3, 2019
The researcher will provide assistance in summarizing the Philippine Climate Change Assessment (PhilCCA) working group reports and developing knowledge products from the key messages. The main output of this project is the publication of summary fact sheets highlighting policy-relevant findings and recommendations towards making decisions and taking action for climate resilience.
This position is an output-based job with a duration of 3 months (July 13 to September 2019).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the Philippine Climate Change Assessment (PhilCCA) Working Group 1-3 reports to identify key messages and highlights;
- Develop the key messages in such a way that the information presented in the reports are analysed and presented collectively;
- Work with internal and external partners to support rigorous and timely research work;
- Attend to the logistical requirements of the project, its activities, meetings (includes proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, assisting in background documents and presentations, etc.);
- Attend external and internal meetings; and
- Provide inputs to other related projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Communication Research, Development Communication or equivalent; Master’s Degree is an advantage;
- With at least one (1) year professional experience in research
- With technical knowledge of climate change issues
- Output-driven with excellent writing skills and strong time management; and
- Team player and able to work independently (with minimum supervision), work simultaneously on numerous tasks, and meet deadlines.