Researcher for PhilCCA Summary Fact SheetsJuly 3, 2019
Project-Based Marketing Specialist (OML Resilience Awards)July 4, 2019
The researcher will provide research assistance in the compilation and assessment of past and existing climate change solutions anchored from climate risks and impacts. This project aims to develop a tool in assessing solutions in terms of different metrics to help enhance climate change adaptation options available to various sectors.
This position is an output-based job with a duration of 11 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and synthesize literature and studies related to climate risk, vulnerability, resilience, and adaptation;
- Assist in the conceptualization and identification of partners and the composition of the Core Team of Experts;
- Assist in the development of tool in assessing solutions;
- Liaise, assist and coordinate with the project team, research fellows, government agencies and other groups in the execution of project activities;
- Work with internal and external partners to support rigorous and timely research work;
- Attend to the logistical requirements of the project, its activities, meetings (includes proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, assisting in background documents and presentations, etc.);
- Attend external and internal meetings; and
- Provide inputs to other related projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Climate Science, Development or related fields; Master’s Degree is an advantage;
- Solid background and understanding of climate change and the application of climate information and solutions in building resilience;
- Output-driven with excellent writing skills and strong time management; and
- Team player and able to work independently (with minimum supervision), work simultaneously on numerous tasks, and meet deadlines.