Commentary: “Global warming and volcanic activity”February 12, 2020
New Release: State of the 2018 Philippine ClimateMarch 2, 2020
The Communications Specialist assists in managing the Center’s communication strategies, crafting a variety of dynamic and engaging content, controlling and disseminating information on the Center’s behalf, and supporting brand awareness programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in developing and implementing effective communication strategies, including media outreach and social media content creation
- Maintains editorial calendars, scheduling due dates and tracking content through the editorial process
- Contributes creative ideas and insights through regular brainstorming sessions
- Works with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the Center’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives
- Develops and crafts impactful copy, including content and press releases, for the Center’s website, publications, case studies, infographics, online channels, media releases, events and projects
- Reviews copy contributed by other units to ensure content is on brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone
- Contributes to the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Optimizes written work for social media and SEO
- Conducts research activities to enhance the Center’s content, including market research, identifying relevant topics, fact-checking, media monitoring, surveys and evaluations, among others
- Captures and evaluates analytics to measure effectiveness and implement improvements
- Uses tools such as Google Analytics and social media insights, to track and measure effectiveness, making timely adjustments to the Center’s communications and online presence in accordance with measurable data and institutional priorities
- Acquires and maintains a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles and strategies, and to keep up-to-date with relevant developments
- Supports and evaluates results of communication campaigns with the team
- Deploys the Center’s main/regular communication outputs, such as e-newsletters, releases and website posts
- Assists other units in disseminating communication outputs, collateral and materials
- Develops, maintains and continuously improves static and dynamic web pages, utilizing best practices for usability, interactivity, accessibility and search engine optimization
- Works with the Design and Website Coordinator, consultants and outside vendors to manage website design and functionality
- Manages the unit’s email account
- Manages the Center’s social media accounts, and other on and offline vehicles, through regular content management and analytics
- Provides support in public relations activities
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with internal and external actors and stakeholders, including journalists, influencers and advocates
- Assists in the planning, organization and coordination of events, campaigns, etc.
- Liaises with media and handles requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Develops and implements responses to inquiries, common complaints and other feedback, and a process in which they are resolved and communicated
- Administrative duties
- Provides inputs to staff, budget and operational guidelines
- Files and submits appropriate internal and external request letters and forms
- Prepares necessary reports and other documentation, including technical and financial reports, of unit projects and activities
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, creative writing, public relations, marketing, communication or a related field
- Four years of experience in marketing and communications services, including print journalism.
- Strong communication, writing, editing and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage projects effectively and simultaneously
- High computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office, content management systems and related business and communication tools
- Working knowledge of managing content within WordPress or similar content management systems
- Content writing experience for all media platforms. Editing experience a plus.
- Basic photography, video (shooting and editing) and graphic design skills optional
- Portfolio of work available for review