No quick fixes: Defining a new normal that is pandemic-ready and climate-resilientJune 4, 2020
Mga Usaping KlimaJune 18, 2020
Under the overall and direct supervision of the Knowledge Production Manager, the researcher will assist in the development and implementation of the Center’s collaborative study on sea level rise and its impacts in the Philippines.
This position is output-based and has period of engagement of six (6) months, with the possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the conceptualization and development of the methodology;
- Conduct a scoping review and synthesize relevant literature on observed and projected sea level change/rise, its impacts, and adaptation strategies in the Philippines;
- Organize workshops with key partners/actors/stakeholders/users;
- Assist in the development of knowledge products such as infographics and short video explainers based on the synthesis and workshops;
- Assist in the development of a review paper / journal article based on the scoping review and workshops;
- Coordinate with project team and partners in the execution of the project activities; and
- Attend regular (mostly virtual) meetings, dialogues, and workshops, or as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Science, Environmental Science, Climate Science, or other related fields; Master’s Degree is an advantage;
- At least three years of relevant work experience in climate change and sea level rise research;
- Strong background on GIS, data analytics, and modeling;
- Experience in synthesizing available information and data on sea level-related research;
- Experience in organizing stakeholder consultation meetings and workshops;
- Output-driven with excellent writing skills and strong time management; and
- Team player and able to work independently (with minimum supervision), and able to meet strict deadlines